1. General overview
Restaurant Approved appreciates your interest in our website and takes your trust and privacy seriously. Because protecting your privacy is very important to us, we process the minimum of personal data necessary to allow you to shop our website easily and to deliver, improve upon and keep secure our service to you.
By using our service and/or registering an account you agree to have read and understood our Privacy & Cookie Statement as set out below.
To enable easy reading of this document, we have provided some simpler, nonbinding text in underneath most of the legal statements.
In the following we inform you about collecting and using of your data. We collect and may use data for a variety of reasons:
(1) Order & Service Fulfilment
(2) Marketing, Promotions & Advertising
(3) Internal Operations
(4) Fraud Prevention, Security & Compliance
2. Types of personal information we collect and how we use the personal information
Restaurant Approved collects personal information from you, for example, if you register for an event, request information, or purchase a one of our products. We may ask you to provide information such as your name, address, phone number, and email address.
- Marketing and events: We use personal information to deliver marketing and event communications to you across various platforms, such as email and online. If we send you a marketing email, it will include instructions on how to opt out of receiving these emails in the future. We also maintain email preference centers for you to manage your information and marketing preferences.
3. Where we store and process personal information
Restaurant Approved has networks, databases, servers, systems, support, and help desks located in Ontario. We collaborate with third parties such as cloud hosting services, suppliers, and technology support located around the world to serve the needs of our business, workforce, and customers. We take appropriate steps to ensure that personal information is processed, secured, and transferred according to applicable law.
4. How we secure personal information
Restaurant Approved takes data security seriously, and we use appropriate technologies and procedures to protect personal information. Our information security policies and procedures are closely aligned with widely accepted international standards and are reviewed regularly and updated as necessary to meet our business needs, changes in technology, and regulatory requirements.
5. How long we keep personal information
Restaurant Approved with the collaboration of the Privacy Officer retains personal information for as long as we reasonably require it for legal or business purposes. In determining data retention periods, Restaurant Approved takes into consideration local laws, contractual obligations, and the expectations and requirements of our customers. When we no longer need personal information, we securely delete or destroy it.
6. Your right to access and correct your personal information
We respect your right to access and control your information, and we will respond to requests for information and, where applicable, will correct, amend, or delete your personal information.
You can also first contact our Privacy Officer at:
4524 Eastgate Parkway, ON
7. Cookies and similar technologies
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small text file that is placed on a computer or other device and is used to identify the user or device and to collect information. Cookies are typically assigned to one of four categories, depending on their function and intended purpose: absolutely necessary cookies, performance cookies, functional cookies, and cookies for marketing purposes.
Types of cookies and why we use them
- Absolutely necessary cookies: These cookies are essential to enable you to move around a website and use its features. Without these cookies, services you have asked for, like adding items to an online shopping cart, cannot be provided.
- Performance cookies: These cookies collect information about how you use our websites. Information collected includes, for example, the Internet browsers and operating systems used, the domain name of the website previously visited, the number of visits, average duration of visit, and pages viewed. These cookies don’t collect information that personally identifies you and only collect aggregated and anonymous information. Performance cookies are used to improve the user-friendliness of a website and enhance your experience.
- Functionality cookies: These cookies allow the website to remember choices you make (such as your username or ID, language preference, or the area or region you are in) and provide enhanced, more personal features. These cookies can also be used to remember changes you have made to text size, fonts, and other customizable parts of web pages. They may also be used to provide services you have asked for, such as watching a video or commenting on a blog. The information these cookies collect may be anonymized, and they cannot track your browsing activity on other websites.
- Targeting and advertising cookies: These cookies track browsing habits and are used to deliver targeted (interest-based) advertising. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an ad and to measure the effectiveness of advertising campaigns. They are usually placed by advertising networks with the website operator’s permission. They remember that you have visited a website and this information is shared with other organizations, such as advertisers.
You can manage website cookies in your browser settings and you always have the choice to change these settings by accepting, rejecting, or deleting cookies. If you choose to change your settings, you may find that certain functions and features will not work as intended on the Services. All browser settings are slightly different, so to manage cookies you should refer to the relevant settings within your browser.
We understand that you may want to know more about cookies. Here are some useful resources that provide detailed information about types of cookies, how they are used, and how you can manage your cookie preferences: www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org. Please click below for detailed information on how to disable and delete cookies in some commonly used browsers:
8. Connecting via social networks
Some of our services or products may include social networking features, such as the Facebook® “Like” button and widgets, “Share” buttons, and interactive mini-programs. Additionally, you may choose to use your own social networking logins from, for example, Facebook or LinkedIn®, to log into some of our services or products. If you choose to connect using a social networking or similar service, we may receive and store authentication information from that service to enable you to log in and other information that you may choose to share when you connect with these services. These services may collect information such as the web pages you visited and IP addresses, and may set cookies to enable features to function properly. We are not responsible for the security or privacy of any information collected by these third parties. You should review the privacy statements or policies applicable to the third-party services you connect to, use, or access. If you do not want your personal information shared with your social media account provider or other users of the social media service, please do not connect your social media account with your account for the services or products and do not participate in social sharing on the services or products.
9. How to contact us
We understand that you may have questions or concerns about this policy or our privacy practices or may wish to file a complaint. Please feel free to contact us in one of the following ways:
4524 Eastgate Parkway, ON